MOVILízaTE – ACTIV8
Become the protagonist of change
What is it?
«MOVILizaTE, STOP CYBER VIOLENCE» is a European project focused on preventing youth violence via smartphones and internet. Its aim is to empower young people who suffer from it, especially women.
We will select centres in each partners´ cities (Spain, Poland and Slovenia) in order to make workshops to give these young people some strategies in order to deal with cyber-bullying.
For these workshops, we will involve young people in the project design, during implementation and follow-up.
We will start with a survey for Spanish, Polish and Slovenian young people through the partners’ own channels, social networks and educational centres in order to obtain a sample of the existing general problems in relation to violence among young people and especially which is carried out through Internet or cyber-violence.
In the light of the results, we will draw up the appropriate training programme; it will consist of 18 workshops: each partner will involve three schools in the project that will hold 3 workshops per school. The number of studients in each one is 25 students each lasting 3 hours. Specialists in cyberbullying and computer security will be in charge of the training programme.
Moreover, the project will train 35 young Europeans girls and boys between 18-30 years old to lead the prevention of cyber-violence in their countries and their environment. Once more, we will hold a series of specific workshops in their cities; in July we will hold a sharing and training meeting during ten days in Poland with all of them, where everyone will be able to share their experiences and go a little further in their learning towards this leadership.
In this way, 250 young people (100 Spanish, 75 Piarist and 75 Polish) will benefit from this project whose aim is that they have an adequate use of mobile phones, developing their emotional intelligence and technical knowledge as internet users, thus preventing youth cyber-violence.
In addition, in this web we have different resources aimed at that young people who wish or need it.
Who is it for?
This project is aimed to teenagers and young people who want to receive training on a healthy digital use in their social networks.
If you need orienteering or any help related to cyberbullying or sexting, you can contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you will find a series of resources from the different partner countries of the project:
Youtube security center to prevent cyber-bullying: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5bwp4i
How to make safe video-callings: https://www.ambito.com/aplicaciones/como-realizar-videollamadas-seguras-y-evitar-el-zoombombing-n5097560
- National report on Cyberbullying
- Competition in primary schools on the critical use of the internet
Slovenian awareness centre SAFE.SI organised its 2018-19 award competition for primary school pupils, who participated with 140 various projects of fine arts, comics and videos, which have delighted the jury. On Thursday, 30 May 2019, the winners were invited to the final event in Ljubljana, where they watched a documentary and received their awards.
- Safer Internet Day 2019 in Slovenia: Focus on digital parenting
- Slovenia’s Safer Internet Centre (SIC) Safe.si Mobilno trpincenje
- Zveza Prijateljev Mladine Slovenije
- Situation in Slovenia -study
Mladostniki in kibernetsko nasilje (cyberbullying) : analiza stanja v Sloveniji
- Spletno in mobilno nadlegovanje v Sloveniji
- Kibernetsko nadlegovanje:
Pojem, metode in pojavnost po svetu in v Sloveniji
- Kibernetsko nadlegovanje:
Resources for educational centers
The schoolchild use internet not only to fun or get information but also to stablish and hold personal relationships. They have social network profile since early ages and they use instant messages diary. In this relationship environment, the teenagers´emotional world plays a fundamental role, which conveys their concerns and also their conflicts. Many of the problems that arise between them occur in the digital environment, where the interpretation of the emotions of others becomes more complicated; inappropriate demonstrations are carried out and phenomena such as gossip, labelling, etc., a history of cyberbullying or its discomfort are reproduced.
Today the key is educating digital social competence.
Virtual interaction has its own characteristics. On the one hand, they can be a means of facilitating social relationships that is given for example by accessibility, and can also make them difficult due to the absence of some communicative codes such as nonverbal language. Therefore, it is not enough to inform students of the risks of social media.
MOVILízaTE sessions have these objectives:
- Proporcionar herramientas para que construyan unas relaciones sociales saludables, aprendiendo a convivir en este medio y reflexionar sobre las consecuencias de nuestras acciones en las redes sociales, tanto positivas como negativas.
- Provocar la toma de decisiones y el compromiso personal de una comunicación respetuosa y positiva en las diversas situaciones comunicativas.
- Poner en valor lo que de positivo tienen las redes sociales e internet.
- Capacitar a algunos voluntarios para ser ciber voluntarios, para ser un apoyo en aquello que el centro educativo considere, bien con su apoyo presencial siendo un referente en su centro escolar y/o colaborando en las sesiones que se les imparte a los estudiantes. Los ciber voluntarios pueden ser un referente fundamental entre sus igual y pueden contribuir a la creación de un ambiente de convivencia y respeto en las aulas.
If you are responsible for an educational center and you want the Movilízate project to be taught write to us at: email@example.com
Testimonies will be uploaded throughout the development of the project